Friday, May 27, 2016

NO MORE GUNS AND BULLETS FOR RCRs and PPCLI

"Conflict Prevention" the key - says Canada's own thoroughly Modern Major-General


In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a Javelin,
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat"
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee.

6 comments:

  1. I cringe every time I hear the word peacekeeping. We all know that it just means our army is going to be turned into girl guides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he's certainly going to land himself a cushy post-retirement job with that pronouncement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. At least a senator or maybe an ambassador. Funny how he says this now but he could not see it when Harper was PM. It must be one of them epiphanies.

      Delete
  3. I hear Sophie is going to sing the new Regimental March for the RCR.
    https://youtu.be/zcSlcNfThUA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for this Golden Oldie from Cleese & Co.

      https://youtu.be/W2jgrGtiYHE

      Delete
    2. I forgot all about that one Jamie. Its sad but true. Thanks.

      Delete